Full Body Yoga Routine | The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles
Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon pose)
1. With feet wide apart and toes pointing forward, place your hands on your hips. Inhaling, turn the right foot out 90° and the left slightly inward. Extend arms, palms facing downward. Gaze at your right middle finger.
2. Exhaling, bend your right knee and place the right fingertips on the floor in front and a little to the outside of the right foot. Shift more weight onto the right foot and rest the left arm on the torso. Gaze down at your right hand.
3. Continue exhaling as you shift all the weight onto the right foot and lift the left leg until it is parallel to the floor. Raise the left arm and point toward the ceiling. Extend the spine and the back of the neck. Hold for five to eight breaths. Inhale to return to step 1, and repeat on the other side.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (Reversed Head to Knee pose)
1. Sitting on the floor, your right knee bent, heel tucked into the perineum, inhale and turn the torso and hips to the right. Extend your right knee back while keeping your right foot near the groin. Move your arms to the front.
2. Exhaling, extend the torso over the left leg while stretching your right side and rotating the right rib cage upward. Keep the right heel close to the pubic bone. Grab hold of the arch of your left foot with your left hand. Gaze up.
3. Inhaling, extend your right hand up and over to grab hold of the outside of your left foot. Press the sitting bones into the mat and lift the waist. Gaze up. Hold the pose for five to eight breaths.